To summarize- we went to 5 coffee shops, 6 Brunch/Lunch/Dinner spots, 6 Dessert Places (I know-Crazy [delicious]!) and LOTS of areas where we spent a good amount of time taking pictures and taking it all in.
For all things coffee shops and restaurants/dessert places-stay tuned for my next post! But for now, here's my list of MUST SEE places in New York City if you're just there for a short amount of time:
1. Times Square (I know you knew that one!)
2. Madison Square Park & Flat Iron District
3. Brooklyn Bridge Park & Brooklyn Bridge itself (make sure to stay for the sunset and witness the sheer awesomeness of the city lights)
4. DUMBO, Brooklyn (short for Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass)
5. Financial District & One World Trade Centre
6. Walk the New York City High Line
7. Grand Central Station
8. Central Park
This list by no means ends here- there are SO MANY other things to do that I haven't listed here, like: Statue of Liberty, Empire State building, Rockefeller Centre, Ellis Island, Coney Island, The Metropolitan Museum of Art & many, many more.
Best way to get around the city:
We opted to take the subway trains mostly because the NYC subway system is pretty good and takes you almost everywhere on the grid. And because of the insane traffic -it was almost always faster to take the train than an uber or a taxi. If we weren’t on the subway-we were walking around which in my opinion is the best way! Occasionally we took an Uber to get to areas that weren’t on the grid.